HOW DO I CREATE A CAPITAL AFE PURCHASE ORDER?
IMPORTANT: ONLY PROJECT MANAGERS AND PROJECT CONTROLLERS ASSIGNED TO CAPITAL AFE PROJECTS WILL BE ABLE TO CREATE CAPITAL AFE PURCHASE ORDERS. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN AFE NUMBER AND THE NUMBER DOES NOT DISPLAY, PLEASE CONTACT TRIMACSUPPORT@ICGTEAM.COM
- Login using your credentials
2. Click on the plus (+) button
3. *Purchase Order number: The Purchase Order number is automatically defaulted by the system. Users are not able to modify this number. NOTE: PO format has been changed in ALTO: PO-YYYY-######
4. *Purchase Order date: The Purchase Order date defaults to the current date
5. *Purchase Order expiry date: The Purchase Order expiry date automatically defaults to 12 months. Users are able to modify the date by clicking on the calendar
A. The Purchase Order will automatically close on the expiry date. Once the Purchase Order is closed, the supplier will not be able to submit invoices against the expired Purchase Order
6. *Delivery date: Enter the date the goods/services are needed by. The delivery date can be changed at the line-item level if multiple shipments are needed.
7. Project name (optional): Select or add a project name
8. Project location (optional): Select or add a project location
Note: The supplier data is being pulled from Dynamics. The currency field will be automatically populated on the supplier that is selected. Users are not able to modify the currency field
a) The PO type will be defaulted to “standard”
- Standard POs: standard POs should be used for a one-time purchase (one invoice – not recurring transactions)
- Blanket POs: Blanket POs should be used for suppliers with recurring purchases if the coding of the Purchase Order does not change.
- Capital AFE POs: Capital AFE POs should be used when creating POs for Capital AFE projects
1. Select "Project AFE
2. Search for the Project AFE. Upon clicking the search icon the window will open, click the search button within the window. If the Project AFE you are looking for does not display, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: You must be assigned as the Project Manager or Project Controller for the project you are looking for
within the project search window users will be able to view :
- Project ID
- Project Name
- Corporate Division
- Project Manager
- Project Controller
- Total Budget: Total AFE budget in Dynamics
- Budget Posted transactions: Budget after posted transactions (excludes ALTO Transactions, except for PST and SST). Users can drill down to the detail by clicking the view button
uncheck the default selection if you would like to see the ALTO transactions
- POs Committed total: sum of ALTO POs created for the Project AFEs
- Remaining budget: this is the amount of money available to create new purchase orders
3. Select the PO Category. The Po category you select will determine if a "receipt' is required
If a receipt is required, you will need to select the name of the invoice originator (reviewer). The invoice reviewer is not the invoice approver.
4. Select the Supplier: The system will only display active Dynamic suppliers.
- Search Name or ID: Enter the supplier’s name or supplier ID number
- Corporate division: is defaulted to “All”. “All” includes all active EXT type vendors for TRCA, TRUS and TESL. Users can select TRCA, TRUS, TESL
C. Select: Select the supplier
If the supplier you are looking for is not available there may be two reasons:
A) the supplier is not set up and you will need to go through Trinet and complete the vendor request form (https://trimac.sharepoint.com/Departments/FinancialServices/AccountsPayable/SitePages/Vendors.aspx )
B) the supplier is inactive and you will need to email
ACCTPAY@trimac.com for assistance.
5. *Supplier Location: Select the supplier location. The supplier location is the location where you are buying the goods from. The supplier location is not the supplier “remit to “ address in Dynamics
- Select the supplier site from the list, or
B. Add a new supplier site if the one you are looking for is not listed
- Enter the site *name, telephone and address information.
- Click save
C. Click close
The site being created will be added to the supplier’s address book and will be available for future selection by all Trimac users
6. Select a Buyer's Group/Department
7. Contact Name: Search for the supplier contact you want to send the Purchase Order to. NOTE: This is the person you are buying the goods/services from,
A. Search for the contact by name, phone number or e-mail address
B. Select the contact from the list, or
C. Add a new contact if needed
** you can add a contact if the one that you are looking for is not there. To add a contact, click the plus icon.
ADDING LINE ITEMS TO THE PO
Navigate to the line item tab
Click the add line button
1. Select the item category (optional)
2. Item description: Search for an item from the vendor catalogue
Shortcut (create a new item on the fly): You can simply do this by entering the item description, the unit price, qty, and selecting the unit of measure. When entering a new item on the fly, the system will display the “add to the supplier catalog” option. The default value is checked which means that once you save the line information the item will be added to the vendor catalog for future use
If an item is selected from the Catalog, the unit price and unit of measure will automatically default. *** the unit price can be changed. If the item is not in the catalog, the unit price and the unit of measure will need to be entered for the item/product
3. Unit price: If the user is selecting an existing item, the price will default. If the user is creating a new item, the price will need to be entered
4. Quantity: Enter quantity
5. Delivery date: Enter a delivery date (if different from the delivery date defined at the PO header level)
6. Delivery location: Search for a delivery location. Users have the ability to add new ones.
7. IF THE DELIVERY LOCATION IS CONFIDENTIAL i.e. HOME ADDRESS, PLEASE DO NOT ADD THE LOCATION TO THE ADDRESS BOOK
8. Comments: Enter comments if applicable
WHO CAN APPROVE THE PURCHASE ORDER?
Capital AFE Purchase Orders are automatically approved regardless of dollar amount or who created the Purchase Order upon “submitting the Purchase Order “to the workflow.
CAN I CHANGE THE DEFAULT PURCHASE ORDER APPROVERS?
SUBMIT THE PURCHASE ORDER:
- Once all the required fields have been completed, and the PO approver’s reviewed, you will be able to submit the Purchase order.
- The Purchase Order will be automatically approved.
- The supplier will be automatically notified via e-mail (the contact information you entered when you created the Purchase Order).