Login to ALTO EXCHANGE (link)
ALTO Exchange allows suppliers to submit multiple invoices (EACH MUST BE SUBMITTED INDIVIDUALLY) against a Purchase Order as long as the Purchase Order is active and has the remaining balance to be invoiced
DEMO - BRANCH PO INVOICE
CLICK HERE FOR THE INVOICE SUBMISSION DEMO ( adding an invoice using the + sign is not enabled for Trimac Suppliers)
ADDITIONAL STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS ARE PROVIDED IN THE TRAINING KNOWLEDGE BASE:
Link to training content: TRAINING KNOWLEDGE BASE
if you have any questions regarding training or ALTO Exchange contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- YOU MUST CONVERT THE PO TO INVOICE. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT AN INVOICE UNLESS YOU CONVERT A PURCHASE ORDER TO AN INVOICE. CONVERTING A PO TO AN INVOICE WILL AUTOMATICALLY POPULATE THE GL CODING, APPROVER NAME, LINE ITEMS ETC.
- YOU SHOULD NOT ENTER NEW LINE ITEMS THAT ARE NOT ON THE PO. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MODIFY THE QUANTITY, AND AMOUNTS OR DELETE EXISTING LINES ONCE YOU CONVERT THE PO TO AN INVOICE. ENTERING A NEW LINE WILL REQUIRE YOU TO KNOW THE GL CODING, APPROVER NAME, ETC. TRIMAC HAS NOT PROVIDED THE GL CODING INFORMATION TO THE VENDORS
- TRIMAC ISSUES BLANKET POs, MAKE SURE YOU ADJUST THE QTY AND AMOUNT BEFORE SUBMITTING AN INVOICE. THE BACKUP PROVIDED MUST MATCH THE ELECTRONIC INVOICE BEING SUBMITTED OR THE INVOICE WILL BE REJECTED
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENTERING THE TAXES WHEN SUBMITTING AN INVOICE. (INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO THIS IS PROVIDED IN THE KNOWLEDGE BASE)
- IF THE PO THAT YOU WANT TO USE IS NOT ABLE TO BE SELECTED, YOU NEED TO REQUEST A CHANGE ORDER (INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO THIS IS PROVIDED IN THE KNOWLEDGE BASE)
- IF YOU GET A DUPLICATE ERROR, YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO SEARCH ALTO EXCHANGE TO SEE WHO SUBMITTED OR SAVED THE INVOICE AND WHEN. TRIMAC PROCESSES ALL INVOICES RECEIVED VIA ALTO EXCHANGE
- ATTACHMENTS: ONLY PDF FORMATS ARE ALLOWED BY TRIMAC
- YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ADD LINES TO PO-RELATED INVOICES. THE TRIMAC PO SHOULD INCLUDE THE FREIGHT IF APPLICABLE. IF THE FREIGHT IS NOT INCLUDED, PLEASE CONTACT THE BUYER.
INVOICE SUBMISSION STEPS:
Suppliers are able to view and submit invoices against approved /active Purchase Orders. visit the knowledge base for instructions
You will only be able to submit invoices by converting a Purchase Order to an invoice. the Purchase Orders can be accessed by:
A. Clicking the Approved POs option on the main dashboard
B. Clicking on the Purchase Order menu option
1. If the Purchase Order is available, you will be able to select the Purchase Order for invoicing. Select a PO.
- When is a Purchase Order not available? the Purchase Order expired, the Purchase Order was cancelled, and the Purchase Order is out of funds (out of balance).
2. Review the Purchase Order information and click convert to invoice. Clicking converting to an invoice will flip the Purchase Order to an invoice automatically
3. Enter the invoice number (20 characters max). Duplicate invoice numbers are not allowed by the system
4. The invoice date will default to the current date. Update the invoice date. Future invoice dates are not allowed
5. Edit the line item IF YOU ARE NOT BILLING FOR THE ENTIRE PURCHASE ORDER AMOUNT (see 5.A. below). This is important
6. Enter the applicable taxes. This is important
7. ATTACHMENT: Add the invoice copy along with any supporting documentation - (only PDF format is allowed by Trimac).
Trimac requires that all vendors submit a copy of their invoice and supporting documentation along with their electronic invoice. The system will not allow you to submit the invoice if the attachment is not included.
What should I include as an attachment?
- Copy of invoice and
- Copy of supporting documentation if applicable (wash ticket, field ticket, packing slip, bill of landing, etc)
NOTE: The only approved attachment format for Trimac is PDF
- Click the attachment button
- Select the attachment type
- Load the attachment
8. Submit the invoice (the invoice must be submitted not saved)
The system will automatically perform all validations before submitting the invoices to Trimac. In the event, an error is found with your invoice (duplicate invoice, Purchase order out of balance, etc). please make the necessary adjustments and submit the invoice again.
If you need help with the error, please send a message to email@example.com
5.A. How do I adjust a line if you are not billing for the entire PO amount?
If you are sending a partial shipment, and need to modify pricing you are able to make the necessary modification by editing the PO line in question
- Click the Edit line
1. Modify the unit price if applicable and/or modify the Qty is applicable (partial shipment)
2. Modify delivery date if applicable
3. If taxes were entered (invoice header section) you will be able to modify the tax rates by each line if applicable (adjust the rate, remove the taxes for a specific line)
- ADD THE THE TAXES
- MODIFY THE LINE ITEM FOR PARTIAL BILLINGS (THE ATTACHMENT AMOUNT MUST MATCH THE AMOUNT OF THE ELECTRONIC INVOICE)
- CLICK SUBMIT(NOT SAVED)