HOW DO I PROCESS A CREDIT NOTE WITHOUT A PO?
Modified on: Wed, 14 Jul, 2021 at 1:32 PM
Suppliers/brokers are able to submit credit invoices via ALTO Exchange.
A credit note will not be able to be applied against a PO if:
The purchase order out of balance/funds or inactive
- The purchase order must be available for selection (active and with remaining funds). Purchase Orders that are crossed out are "out of funds" and will not be able to be selected
if the Po is not available follow the next steps:
- From the dashboard click on "Approved POs"
- Locate the desired purchase order (approved POs or Historical)
- Click the print button
- Write down the originator name. You will need to enter this information when entering the credit memo
- Write down the coding provided on the original Po. You will need to enter this information when entering the credit memo
To enter a credit note (without converting PO to invoice) follow these instructions:
CREATING THE CREDIT NOTE
1. Enter the invoice number (20 characters max)
2. Select the invoice approver where it says "originator" (the person that should receive the invoice for approval)This is the Purchase order originator name
3. Select the invoice date
4. Enter the taxes if applicable
5. Add the invoice copy, and any supporting documentation required to facilitate the invoice review and approval
6. Click the "Add line product"
7. Search by the item description and select it
8. If you selected the item, the unit price will default
9. The quantity should be entered with a minus in front ie. -1
10. Select the unit of measure and enter taxes. The taxes also have to be entered as a negative (-) percentage or value/amount
11. Click on the coding tab
Shortcut (create a new item on the fly): You can simply do this by entering the item description, the unit price, qty, selecting the unit of measure (B, C, D) When entering a new item on the fly, the system will display the “add to the supplier catalogue” option. The default value is checked which means that once save the line information the item will be added to your catalogue for future use
HOW DO I CODE A LINE ITEM?
Use the coding provided on the purchase order. DO NOT USE RANDOM CODING. INVOICES CODED RANDOMLY WILL BE REJECTED
Click on the coding button to enter the line item coding – You will not be able to save the line item if the coding is not entered
- *Corporate division: Enter the corporate division provided on the purchase order
- *Main account: Enter the main account provided on the purchase order
- *Branch/BU: Enter the main account provided on the purchase order
- *Product code: Enter the product code provided on the purchase order
- Unit (optional): Enter the unit provided on the purchase order
- Validation key (optional): Enter the unit provided on the purchase order
- Click save: The save button will validate the coding selection and will add the item to the purchase order
Once you have entered all the relevant information you are able to submit the credit note for review and approval. The approver will receive a real-time notification letting them know that the credit note is ready for their review.
The system will automatically perform all validations before the invoices/credit notes are submitted for approval. In the event, an error is found with your invoice/credit note (duplicate, missing attachment, etc). Please make the necessary adjustments and submit the invoice again.
If you need help with the error, please send a message to email@example.com
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.